4.3 (7 votes)
|City/Venue:||Rotterdam, The Netherlands/Sportpaleis Ahoy|
|Date:||Saturday, 19th September 1987|
NOTE: This item has been superseded by a sound upgrade of the master tape. The master tape is numbered D541.m2 (Masters Series #117), and the sound upgrade is D541.ms2.
Temples In Flames – 1987 Tour of Europe - Concert #9
- Opening Titles [26:10 still w/titles/2 trans.]
- The Times They Are A-Changin' [clipped 48:04/2 stills w/2 trans.]
- Highway 61 Revisited [fade out + black still minus 5 frames before next song for a/v sync]
- Ballad Of A Thin Man
- Shot Of Love [removed 5 frames before next song for a/v sync]
- Queen Jane Approximately [removed 5 frames before next song for a/v sync]
- Deadman, Deadman
- I Shall Be Released [transition to next song cut 3:02/fade out to black still]
- Clean Cut Kid [clipped 32:12/3 stills w/3 trans.]
- I Want You
- John Brown
- Watching The River Flow [02:03 audio tape gap before song/used LB-6035 audio source to fill gap; removed 5 frames before next song for a/v sync]
- Slow Train [transition to next song cut 1:47:16/fade out to 9:05 black still]
- Chimes Of Freedom [clipped 30:13/2 stills w/2 trans.]
- Gotta Serve Somebody [fade out at end followed by thanks, credits, salute, fadeout over black stills w/29 seconds of encore applause to fill out end]
|Number of discs:||1|
|Authoring:||DVDs with menu and chapters are circulating|
NOTE: This disk contains only the Rotterdam show.
Special thanks to "The Ghost" for the video and to OutsideTLaw and Legendary Tapers B and D for the audio.
DIME download>VIDEO_TS folder>MPEGStreamclip 1.8.1>dv>iMovie 6.0.3.
Sound upgraded with LB-131 (Legendary Taper B) (A-) w/speed reduced 5% for a/v sync. Also used LB-6035 (Legendary Taper D) (B+) to fill brief gap before "Watching the River Flow."
LB-131 and LB-6035>Toast Titanium 10>disk images>Sound Studio 3.5.6>wav>iMovie 6.0.3.
Audio and video assets edited in iMovie 6.0.3, authored, multiplexed and burned to VIDEO_TS folder in iDVD 7.0.4, torrent generated in Bittorrent 4.4.1.
Notes from "The Ghost":
BOTH* FILMS ARE RAW AND UNEDITED
These have have circulated previously with redubbed sound. This was done in the days before digital (BD). This meant that replacing the sound meant losing the original sound(as it was overdubbed) or making a copy and replacing the sound on that. The latter method happened for both these films, first gen copies were sent to Belgium where they were redubbed,of course the engineers (BD) did the same thing and made a copy of THEIR copy which was redubbed. To sync the sound the orginal video was stopped periodically resulting in very minor disruptions here an there which are not evident here. The other day whilst dusting of the cobwebs in my huge archive I discovered I still had both these films off the original master. I have the oK to post these in the firm faith that they will one day soon get redubbed the digital way. We can all hope.
VHS E-30 cassettes on a JVC Camcorder (unknown model) > VHS Master> DVD
If you already have these film from the redubbed 3rd gen copies you will see a marked improvement here.
*Disk author's note: The original upload had both Rotterdam and Birmingham 1987, but only Rotterdam was used for this upgrade.