4.7 (15 votes)
|City/Venue:||NY, Hammerstein Ballroom|
|Date:||Wednesday, 13th August 2003|
Concert # 1548 of The Never-Ending Tour.
Concert # 24 of the 2003 US Summer Tour.
2003 concert # 58.
Concert # 47 with the 16th Never-Ending Tour Band: Bob Dylan (vocal & piano), Freddie Koella (guitar), Larry Campbell (guitar, mandolin, pedal steel guitar & electric slide guitar), Tony Garnier (bass), George Receli (drums & percussion).
- Opening Credits [11:27/titles over one still w/transition]
- Introduction [28:15/text over one still w/transition]
- Tombstone Blues [video missing/11 stills, w/9 transitions & flash effect @start]
- If You See Her, Say Hello [shaky 38:22/1 still w/fade in; wandering camera 1:17:14/3 stills w/3 transitions]
- Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum [cut 5 frames off at start for a/v sync]
- You Ain't Goin' Nowhere [cut 4 frames at start for a/v sync]
- Things Have Changed [cut 4 frames at start for a/v sync]
- Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine) [obstructed 13:28 minus 3 frames for a/v sync/1 still w/2 transitions]
- It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) [cut 44:19 @38:55:06/2 stills w/2 transitions; obstructed 21:10/ 1 still w/transition]
- Highway 61 Revisited [07:26 obstructed/2 stills; cut 3 frames at start for a/v sync]
- Desolation Row [removed 3 frames @start for a/v syn; 23:04 obstructed/1 still; 18:02 obstructed/1 still; shaky end 6:10 cut]
- The Wicked Messenger [wandering camera 30:18/1 still w/fade in]
- Every Grain Of Sand [16:00 obstructed start/1 still w/fade in; shaky end 17:22/1 still w/fade in to next song]
- Honest With Me [clipped 5:38:08/8 stills w/8 transitions]
- Don't Think Twice, It's All Right [6 frames cut from start for a/v sync; 1:15 obstructed/1 still minus 5 frames for a/v sync ]
- Band Introductions
- Summer Days [5 frames cut from start for a/v sync]
- Like A Rolling Stone [23:23 break removed from video cut to compensate for audio cut; video repeat 11:18 removed for a/v sync; 3 frames removed @1:40:19:02 for a/v sync]
- All Along The Watchtower [extracted 32:25 applause copied from DVD audio track to fill out ending]
|Number of discs:||1|
|Authoring:||DVDs with menu and chapters are circulating|
Sound upgraded with outstanding LB-1137.
LB-1137>Toast Titanium 8>disk images>Sound Studio 3>wav>iMovie 6.03.
D264 (alternate authored source)>MPEGStreamclip 1.9.1>dv>iMovie 6.03>iDVD 6.04>disk image>you.
There are now three authored copies of this show, all sourced from the same camera: this one, the one authored by Vygi, and the third by an anonymous author. The anonymous author used a blue screen disk as the source. The whereabouts of the blue screen disk and the tape that it was sourced from is, unfortunately, unknown.
D264, while worth owning, was a worthy candidate for sound upgrading. This item was sound upgraded with the excellent LB-1137 and extensively edited to minimize obstructions and unsteady parts.
Unfortunately, there are many items in the catalog that are improvements over related items in the "Highlights" section. Thus, if you're a new user, you would do well to dig more deeply into the catalog before soliciting certain disks.
Reviewed by yassou on 14th February 2011